Welcome to the New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University Webpage! The NJSHP Student Society is a professional pharmacy organization open to undergraduate and graduate pharmacy students.
The mission of the NJSHP student society is to make students aware of pharmacy practice in health systems; provide information to students about career directions in and credentials needed for pharmacy practice in health systems; and encourage membership and participation in the state society as a student and upon graduation.
What is a health-system?
"A health system is the sum total of all the organizations, institutions and resources whose primary purpose is to improve health. A health system needs staff, funds, information, supplies, transport, communications and overall guidance and direction. And it needs to provide services that are responsive and financially fair, while treating people decently." - World Health Organization
Health-systems include, but are not limited to, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, long term care facilities, and home care.
Check out this video created by our state chapter, explaining the important role of Health-System Pharmacists:
NJSHP, Rutgers Student Society Objectives
- Promote student awareness of pharmacy practice in health systems
- Provide opportunities for professional growth and development through pharmacist presentations, workshops, and activities
- Inform students about pharmacy internships, advanced pharmacy practice experiential hospital rotations, and post-doctoral residency programs
- Serve the local community through student-coordinated walks, projects, and medication education programs
- Encourage networking at various pharmacy functions through our affiliation with the state society
Copyright © 2020 The New Jersey Student Society of Health-System Pharmacists - All Rights Reserved.